#wonitonanauction

#wonitonanauction

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Nurses Ball Part 1 (of hopefully many)

So this is going to be a little choppy. My thoughts on what's happening. Tweet-like responses to the red carpet and performances and an overall review. Hope you enjoy!! 
Courtesy of Abc.com



RECAP
Oh my God! I love the opening. The pictures of last years' and the host inviting us in for a great event. I feel like the Nurses' Ball is an event and I'm so glad they revived it last year. It's something we can all enjoy and it's fun to watch all the crazy performances (see Tatiana's posts leading up to today).  Can we all agree that the host of the TV coverage won that part on an Auction???? :) I can't believe that it was 20 years ago that the first one happened. And I'm glad they mentioned that they missed a few.

Yes! Britt and Brad Cooper hanging out and watching the Nurses Ball together. I think they are great together as friends. We started hating both of them, and I feel like we've all grown to root for them in a weird way. The best villains are the ones we end up rooting for (like Loki or Regina from Once Upon A Time). Anyway... This was great! I loved them saying what we're all thinking. And them rewinding when Sam fell... so funny. Poor Sam. It also must have been pretty sucky to have to watch Dante and Lulu and then Lucas and Felix right after each other. Could you imagine what Britt would be thinking when she saw her mom perform that? So good! I think her face said it all.

Nikolas and Spencer bonding. Spenser is the cutest. You know why I love him? I think he is adorable and can't help he's a little spoiled. I think Nikolas isn't the greatest dad, he's getting there. But really.. Courtney, Spencer's mom was the best. I think that's why I love him. How could Courtney's kid not be awesome. Anyway, it's weird that Nikolas isn't going to the Nurses' Ball. He is Port Charles Royalty. It doesn't look good if he's not there. And, I can't believe that the Cassadines were eating Pizza. Did they have it delivered? Does it get cold on the launch on the way over to Spoon Island. I hope they end up going. I'm sure they will.

Lucy freaking out over what to wear. #SurpriseSurprise. Will people never learn to shut their mouths? What is said in Port Charles is always overheard by the wrong person. Felicia is the bestest friend ever. Good fast thinker on her feet!

Yes Maxie, you should go. It's your favorite thing--she should be there. I can't wait for this hippie Maxie to wake up and smell the processed food. She just needs a burger. Ew I do not like Levi. How did Maxie ever fall for him? He doesn't like fashion?!?! #deadtome Levi should realize that it's a family thing for Maxie and she should be there. And there it is! Interesting.. he all of a sudden changed his mind. Who is this guy?!?!

Sonny should go!! Come on Sean, talk him into going (except we all know he's going--we saw the preview from yesterday). And of course he shows up. Not sure why he cut through the press. Also, why is there so much press for the town of Port Charles? I love Dante and how protective of his mom he is. Of course we all knew he was going to be upset when he found out that Sonny slept with (Ava).

RED CARPET REACTIONS:


  • Felicia-- I actually love her dress. It's so different and I love the gold AND Silver
  • Stephen Clay mention. I love it.
  • I can't believe that Sam fell. 
  • Yes #Julexis!!! I'm so glad they came together. 
  • Really?? Sean couldn't find anyone else to bring? And why is TJ's mom there? She gets to go but Nikolas and Maxie aren't going. #whatishappening
  • "Curmudgeon" $10 word of the day!!! Fluke is a curmudgeon!
  • Kiki's dress is beautiful!!! And Michael was so great and protective
  • I love Olivia's dress too!
  • LUCAS!!!
  • When did Elizabeth start designing clothes?? It's pretty. Well done! 
  • The little ones are so cute!
  • Duke in a kilt again. I could've put money on that. 
  • George Pennacchio cameo!! Awesome. 
  • What? Epiphany went with Detective West!??! So awesome
  • Mac--put the dummy away. Mr. Marbles is dumb. #noonelikeshim
  • Bobbie looks good. 


1st Performance: GH NURSES INTRO SONG


  • This song is weird and way cheesy--oh wait!
  • OMG I actually love the interruption
  • The "Willkommen" song is perfect for her!! 
  • Don't make me like Olbrect... I will revolt!
  • Anyone know if ABC/Disney has anything to do with the current revival of Cabaret on Disney? #Synergy
  • The ZERO applause was great


FINAL THOUGHTS
Well that ended way to soon for my taste and I can't wait to watch part 2 tomorrow!

Hope you enjoyed! Please let us know what you thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment