#wonitonanauction

#wonitonanauction

Monday, February 24, 2014

13,000 GH Memories

Tatiana's Ramblings:

What a perfect day to start #GH blogging! 13000 episodes, wow. Although to be honest I had to go back to the official twitter page to double check that was the right number, because it seems too low to me. But then I was an Anthro major so I probably just fudged the math. So much has happened in those 13000 episodes! So many plots of intrigue, romance, betrayal. So many baby’s mama’s (almost all Sonny’s), so many baby daddys (mostly Elizabeth’s), so many Carlys, so many child actors that randomly aged!
Do you remember the first episode of General Hospital you watched? I do, I was in 6th grade and was home sick for a week. We were super broke at the time so we had no cable, the only people home were my spanish only grandma, and her Spanish only caretaker. Boredom hit and it hit hard. Watching soaps was super against the rules in my house but I just wanted to see what it was all about. Fate had it that I landed on General Hospital -  it was when Bobbie caught Carly sleeping with Tony (circa1996). Damn, that was what 3 Carly’s ago? 4 Lucas’s ago? Michael wasn’t even BORN yet (well not by real math, new figures have him born in '89).

Lil' Baby Michael (SO NOT IN 1989)
I don’t even know what it was that roped me in at first, I was just a kid. But by the end of that week I was hooked. I started setting my VCR to record everyday and became the master of the channel flip when my mom would come home (she still has no idea about my GH addiction). Over the years my love for GH has been through some tough times. 5 hours of TV in a week for a college freshman did not bode well for my studying habits so I became an occasional watcher 6 years in. To be honest I didn't become a heavy addict again until I moved in with the co-author of this blog. #greatminds She reminded me the awesomeness that I had been missing. Since I had watched there were so many babies that were adults #Morgan #Christina , 2 new Luckys, and whole slew of children for Elizabeth. I have been watching GH more than half my life, and I must say it has been a much  more enjoyable ride with GH. Sorry, I didn't mean to ramble the first time out, but hey nostalgia, am I right?

Anyhow on to our regularly scheduled programming:


To be honest I don’t think today lived up to the pomp and circumstance a 13000th episode should. Back during GH50 they must have pulled out all the stops and left none for this episode…


In #Julexis land Julian continued to wear us all down with his new found family man sexiness. I don’t know how Alexis has had self control up until this point. So strong. Danny was beyond adorable in these scenes and again I am super concerned that they will recast him now, SORAS is about to strike. Anyhow, today was only pre-shag because A)Danny was there and B) of course they had to break it up so they could go break up the gross Molly and TJ story line.


Speaking of which Rafe runs into the teens at the MC and knows what’s up, and tells Kiki he had to bail. At that very moment I knew that he was going to tell Alexis and we would all be saved from the horrors that would be a TJ/Molly sex scene. THANK GOD. Granted we had to see Molly in a nightie etc. But at least there was no actual sex scene. i don’t think my stomach could have handled it. BTW I can’t wait till new fatherly Julian and SUPER MAD Alexis own those two. It better be good since it pre-empted Julexis shagging.


Elsewhere, Michael and Kiki were boring and decided to not break up, but at least live in separate places for a while. Honestly, I can’t believe he moved on with Kiki so soon after Starr, it’s not like they’re the same person… wait a minute…. jk


There are some scenes with Carrrrlos, Ava, ghost Connie, and drunk AJ - but they were boring and we already know that this story line is going to drag forever so that the actress who played Connie can get some work after being so unceremoniously killed off. Plus I hate Carrrrlos so I really wasn't paying attention. SUE ME.


Lastly back in the MC penthouse/office space Sean tells Sonny that Barrett industries is bankrolling Julian! Barrett, as in BRENDA BARRETT DUH DUH DUHHHHHH! At first I was like oh it was totally Brenda, she is the WORST! But, they quickly kill that story line with some nonsense about her sister owning the company. Honestly I had to look this up on the GH wiki (any GH fans best friend) and it turns out she did have a sister it was just before my time. Anyhow that got boring fast until they start to say the person who is in charge has worked so hard to keep themselves a secret and  we are transported back to Alexis’s where Rafe has been abandoned to watch Dannyboy when who shows up but RIC LANSING - I have to admit, I SO DID NOT SEE THAT COMING! (I totally should have I read the actor was returning)


I’d usually review the previews here, but I honestly don’t know what to think of them today - so I’m going to let them be.


Janel's Ramblings:
Well Tatiana covered this episode pretty well, but I wanted to just add a few thoughts of my own (after all that's why you're here--to get two girls thoughts on our favorite show)!

Yay for all my favorite story lines today (of course I would've enjoyed seeing Carly and Franco too). My first outburst was at the mention of Brenda's family company funding the Jerome family. "WWWHHHHAAAATTTT?!?!?" Oh so good. Did not see that coming! I actually was hoping that the Zacchara family was funding it. Can we all agree that Johnny needs to come back? Except, yes I love Rick Lansing--so glad he's back--oh and just in time to act like a father to Molly!


Then we had the awesomeness that is Patrick and his tears. I'm sure you will hear us say this over and over but Jason Thompson needs to get ALL of the daytime Emmys. OK well he can split them with Roger Howarth, but still... Jason/Patrick is the best! Not sure how I felt about Patrick and Robin being together right before she left... that scene felt like it was there just to give the fans that moment...and what's up with that song? And then to cut right to AJ being, well AJ and drunk at the Floating Rib--not really smooth.


The AJ/Connie/Carrrrlos story line was a little repetitive and felt like filler. I'm sure that will develop eventually--right? I mean how long have we been on this story line of Connie's death? Last summer right?


Am I the only one who feels awkward watching TJ and Molly kiss... and well, deal with adolescent drama? (obviously not--see above) Also I love Rafe, but his whining needs to stop. Be a man. Grow up. And stop talking to yourself, people will think you're crazy.


Alexis and Julian are perfect--so of course we had an interruption of Rafe. I'm really starting to like Julian A LOT. Which feels weird since I love Sonny and sometimes as a fan you feel like you have to choose sides in these things. Damn you writers for making us like both sides!!!!


Michael and Kiki are so great. For the first time in a long time, I don't know who's side to pick in this fight.  I like that they are "being real" and having the talks of taking it slow and wanting to have a genuine relationship (I do know I'm talking about a soap opera--just in case you were wondering).


So those are my thoughts!


Tatiana's "Live" Tweeting:
Now for my favorite part of this blog - NOT SO LIVE TWEETING! I am at work when GH airs on the west coast so I can never live tweet which ,especially on special anniversary days like today, really blows. I started doing these NSLT for the co-author of this blog because we both found them funny and it was a way to kind of watch the show together without being in the same state. There will always be a theme, usually concurrent with the summary theme. I hope you enjoy them!

Today’s theme: #13000… things! Duh.
  • #13000 here we come
  • Wow we’re just jumping in head first huh?
  • Did Danny grow since Friday? I feel like he grew since Friday…
  • Oh hello Carrrrrrrlos. Laying low huh? Can you lay low enough to be gone for sure? Maybe like in Puerto Rico?
  • Drunk AJ. Ghost Connie. Yay. #13000eyerolls
  • Rafe is there to stop the vibe. Please. ew. #13000prayers
  • What new room in the house is this? Did they have to build a new set? Was this conversation that important? #RobinIsTheWorst
  • Act1 doesn't seem very #13000. I mean for 50 we had every guest star in the book, the nurses ball etc. What do we get for #13000? Patrick crying? #veto
  • Patrick is too good man, helping her pack? Wow. He’s stronger than I am.
  • She can’t Skype Patrick, it’s not in her contract, she might as well stay in Port Charles. Casting wise anyhow
  • TJ is such a tool. #pleaseDONTmakeMEwatchTHIS #13000pleads
  • I super love Julian now. #Julexis #13000swoons
  • I still really bad for revived AJ. Dude is innocent, sure he’s a drunk, but still. Doesn’t he realize he needs to stop drinking? guess not #13000plotdevices
  • This is seriously what we’re getting for the #13000th epi? Shame. #smh This better turn around. FAST.
  • Are we supposed to know what that is? Wait.. Barrett? Like BRENDA? #STFU #leftFIELD
  • Ew. don’t sleep with her. You are MAD at her. she is THE WORST. btw #desperate much?
  • Exactly how much time do you have left together I.e. - WHEN ARE YOU LEAVING #RobinIsTheWorst
  • The worst part about this is that people we’re cheering for them to be together, he could have been happy. UGH #RobinIsTheWORST
  • You know what I don’t like? This story line #ew #gross #pleaseSTOP #myEYES #13000fails
  • #STFU Michael you are not serious. Did you ever make Drunk AJ apologize for …. all the stuff? #13000AJmistakes
  • #13000storylines no one cares about #Carrrrlos #Ava
  • Pssh you’re not going anywhere. It’s #Julexis time! (please tell me they put Danny to bed)
  • Brenda had a sister? I feel like I have been watching forever (96) and I don’t think I ever knew that
  • Please don’t bring Brenda back like #GH50 that was LAME or you know #prettycomplicated
  • I’m gonna call it right now Rafe is going to ruin #Julexis by ratting out Molly and TJ
  • #hot #Julexis
  • Damn, why am I always right #TEENAGERS #GOAWAY
  • Rafe is such a fink.
  • He loves you but you are the worst so he doesn’t want to see you. #13000tears
  • Patrick PLEASE don’t sleep with her #13000baddecisions
  • #13000ughs
  • #13000deflections
  • IS SHE DRINKING??? #13000lawsbroken
  • I wonder if Alexis is going to take the magic parking structure and get back before we have to see Molly in anything we all don’t want to see #13000MPH
  • #13000opinions #kikiMichael
  • #NOOOO #STOP #13000reasonsthisiswrong
  • wtf she hasn't even left yet???? NOOOO
  • aww look Julian is being a father figure #13000feels
  • #13000reasonsToKillAva
  • #13000sighsofrelief #kikiMichael
  • #13000dollarbet that it is Brenda
  • She’s totally not coming back #13000lies #RobinistheWORST
  • #13000dramaticpianonotes
  • #13000prayersanswered
  • um. who is knocking on that door? #13000uhOHs
  • #13000AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHSssssss how did I NOT SEE THAT COMING?! I totally owe someone 13000 bucks

If Tatiana's "live" tweeting did not make you laugh--stop reading our blog. It's not for you. #13000reasonswhywearebffs #gladitsonly800milesbetweenusandnot13000 (-Janel)

See you tomorrow GH fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment